12 Jan 2021
Applications now open for Building Better Regions - Round 5
The Australian Government announced $200 million in the 2020-21 Budget for a fifth round of the Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF).
The $1.04 billion BBRF supports the Australian Government's commitment to create jobs, drive economic growth and build stronger regional communities into the future.
Round 5 includes two streams:
- $100 million to support tourism-related infrastructure projects which are focussed on mitigating the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on a region's tourism industry.
- The other $100 million will support regional remote Australia more broadly, by funding general infrastructure projects and community investment projects.
You can read the BBRF – Tourism-related Infrastructure Funding – Factsheet.
Guidelines and eligibility
You can find out whether your community is eligible by accessing the BBRF Mapping Tool.
The below guidelines have also been developed for you to learn more about the grants program, assessment criteria, eligible activities and the grant selection process.
Building Better Regions Fund – Infrastructure Projects Stream – Round Five
Building Better Regions Fund – Community Investments Stream – Round Five
Lodging your application
Before you apply, make sure you have:
- read the grant opportunity guidelines (available above)
- read the sample grant agreement
- understand the assessment criteria (available above)
Frequently Asked Questions
You are also welcome to contact my office on 8362 8600 if you require any further assistance.