8 Feb 2021
Calling all South Australian schools: Anzac Day Schools' Awards now open
The 2021 Anzac Day Schools' Awards are now open! The awards, hosted by the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA), are a fantastic opportunity for schools to engage with veterans and honour Australia's wartime history.
This year, the awards theme is: What does commemoration look like in your community?
Schools can submit an entry from a class, a year level or as a whole school.
Entries close at 5pm AEST Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Ideas for your entry
- Commemorating Anzac Day or Remembrance Day in the 21st century
- Changing attitudes towards commemoration over time
- Engaging with veterans, hearing their stories
- Experiences of families of service men and women
- The changing roles of women in war
- Commemoration in a multicultural community
You may wish to:
- conduct historical research
- interview veterans
- tell stories
- create artworks
- make a movie
- create a website
- National School Award ($5000)
- State/Territory School Awards ($3000 each)
- Brigadier Bill Rolfe AO Award for Veteran Involvement ($2000)
- Award for Innovative Commemoration ($2000)
- Award for Creative use of Technology ($2000)
- Remote Schools Award ($2000)
- Specialist Educational Settings Award ($2000)
More details can be found here: https://anzacportal.dva.gov.au...
If you have any questions or experience technical difficulties when submitting your entry, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org